Keeping up to date with what's being published in dentistry is easy if you make the most of RSS feeds. Most publishers now offer RSS feeds for their journals - look for a icon somewhere on the page of your favourite online journal. For those new to RSS, what it does is 'push' content out to you, rather than you having to go hunt for it. Ideal for time poor academics or students.
Medworm is a RSS feed aggregator that provides access to over 40 dentistry online journal titles, ranging from the Journal of Oral Rehabilitation to the British Dental Journal. To subscribe to a dentistry journal feed in Medworm:
1. Go to Medworm [http://www.medworm.com/]
2. Choose Publications Directory
3. Select Dentistry [http://www.medworm.com/rss/Dentistry-11.php>
4. Select the title for which you would like to receive a Table of Contents Feed. Example: Journal of Oral Rehabilitation.
5. If you have a Medworm, Bloglines, Google Reader, or My Yahoo account, click on the appropriate icon to add the feed to your account.
7. The Feed will appear in your reader, with posts of articles from the most recent issue. The next time an issue is published you will automatically receive posts in your reader.
The University of Sydney Library does not subscribe to every title appearing on the Medworm Dentistry journals list, so you may not be able to access the full-text of every article. However, you will be able to access at least the abstract, and so keep up to date with research in your discipline