Monday, 13 April 2009

MedEdPORTAL Launches Version 2.0 Web Site & Repository

This resource promotes educational collaboration by facilitating the open exchange of peer-reviewed teaching resources such as tutorials, virtual patients, cases, teaching materials, etc. While the new MedEdPORTAL website may look familiar, the back-end of the system has undergone dramatic improvements. The Web site is now fully integrated with a powerful content and digital asset management system to host resources online. Through major enhancements, the new MedEdPORTAL site provides you with the ease of downloading resources directly from the Web site; allowing 90 percent of MedEdPORTAL’s 1,300 publications to be available for download or by directly linking to external Web sites. Copyright issues are addressed during the submission process so users can download these resources without legal infringements. The remaining 10 percent of publications will continue to be disseminated by MedEdPORTAL staff due to size limitations or because those publications are assessment tools in which authors have requested protection through a human firewall.